Stage 1 Chemistry 1
Subject Name: Chemistry 1
Level: Stage 1
Learning Area: Science
Recommended Knowledge: A solid achievement in Year 10 Science subjects.
The Chemistry 1 subject focuses on the introduction and development of the following key concepts of Chemistry:
• Atomic Structure and the Periodic table
• Principles of Bonding and Secondary Interactions and the influence of these on the physical properties of everyday materials
• Chemical Reactions in Solution
• Acids & Bases
• Chemical Quantities (Stoichiometry)
Both Chemistry 1 and 2 are required to study Chemistry at Stage 2.
• Investigations Folios 40%
– Practical Investigation: Classification of unknown substances
– Issues Investigation: Environmental Impact Report
• Skills and Applications Task 60%
– Atomic structure, molecular formulae and primary bonding
– Secondary bonding and Chemical reactions
– Chemical Quantities
Length: One Semester.
SACE Attainment: 10 Credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face at HCCS.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self