Stage 1 General Mathematics A
Subject Name: General Mathematics A
Level: Stage 1
Learning Area: Mathematics
Recommended Knowledge: C grade or better in Year 10 Mathematics.
Students extend their mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem-solving and mathematical modelling in everyday contexts.
A problem-based approach is integral to the development of mathematical skills and the associated key ideas in this subject.
Topics studied cover a range of applications of mathematics, including:
• personal financial management
• measurement and trigonometry
• the statistical investigation process
• modelling using linear functions and
• discrete modelling using networks and matrices.
In this subject, there is an emphasis on consolidating students’ computational and algebraic skills and expanding their ability to reason and analyse mathematically.
Topics consist of the following:
Topic 1: Investing and Borrowing
Topic 2: Measurement
Topic 3: Statistical Investigation
• Mathematical Investigations 20%
• Skills and Applications Tasks x 4 80%
Length: One Semester.
SACE Attainment: 10 Credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self