Stage 2 Biology
Subject Name: Biology
Level: Stage 2
Learning Area: Science
Recommended Knowledge: C grade or better in Stage 1 Biology.
The current course in Biology follows a thematic approach where the content and ideas help build up the learning and understanding over the entire year.
Currently it is divided into four major themes.
These are the studies in:
• Macromolecules – This theme covers the structure and function of organic macromolecules found in living things.
• Cells – This theme covers the structure and function of cells in both unicellular and multicellular organisms.
• Organisms – This theme covers the structure and function of organisms. The human body is used as the only exemplar in the organisation and selectivity threads.
• Ecosystems – This theme covers interactions between members of the same species, different species and the non-living environment, with a strong emphasis on the evolutionary perspective.
• Investigation Folio 40%
• Skills and Applications Tasks 30%
• External Exam 30%
Length: Full year.
SACE Attainment: 20 Credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self