Stage 2 Child Studies
Subject Name: Child Studies
Level: Stage 2
Learning Area: Health and Physical Education
Recommended Knowledge: C grade or better in one semester of Stage 1 Food and Hospitality or Stage 1 Child Studies.
Child Studies focuses on children and their development from conception to 8 years. Students have the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of young children through individual, collaborative and practical learning.
In Stage 2 Child Studies, students critically examine attitudes and values about parenting/caregiving and gain an understanding of the growth and development of children.
This subject enables students to develop a variety of research, management and practical skills.
• development of a children’s literacy pack
• conducting a cooking master class for young children
• exploring motor skill development in early childhood
• preparing a healthy lunchbox for a five-year-old
• producing a sensory/motor activity mat or toy for infants, and
• planning and preparing a one day meal planner for a pregnant woman
• 5 x Practical Activities 50%
• 1 x Group Activity 20%
• Investigation – 2000 words 30%
Length: Full Year.
SACE Attainment: 20 Credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
Additional Notes: Students choosing to undertake this subject must understand that it is an academic subject. Although it features practical components, it is not primarily a practical subject.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self