Stage 2 General Mathematics
Subject Name: General Mathematics
Level: Stage 2
Learning Area: Mathematics
Recommended Knowledge: Achieved a passing grade in Stage 1 General Mathematics.
General Mathematics extends students’ mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem-solving.
A problem-based approach is integral to the development of mathematical models and the associated key concepts in the topics.
These topics cover a diverse range of applications of mathematics, including:
• personal financial management
• the statistical investigation process
• modelling using linear and non-linear functions and
• discrete modelling using networks and matrices.
Successful completion of this subject at Stage 2 prepares students for entry to tertiary courses requiring a non-specialised background in mathematics.
• Five Skills and Applications Tasks 40%
• Two Mathematical Investigations 30%
• Examination 30%
Length: Full year.
SACE Attainment: 20 credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
Preclusions: Other Stage 2 Mathematic Subjects.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self