Year 10 Mathematics
Subject Name: Mathematics
Level: Year 10
Learning Area: Mathematics
Recommended Knowledge: A passing grade at Year 9 Mathematics.
The proficiency strands understanding, fluency, problem solving and reasoning are an integral part of mathematics content across the three strands: number and algebra, measurement and geometry and statistics and probability.
The proficiencies reinforce the significance of working mathematically within the content and describe how the content is explored and developed. They provide the language to build in the developmental aspects of the learning of mathematics.
The achievement standards reflect the content and encompass the proficiencies.
• Understanding includes applying the four operations to algebraic fractions, finding unknowns in formulas after substitution, making the connection between equations of relations and their graphs, comparing simple and compound interest in financial contexts and determining probabilities of two and three step experiments.
• Fluency includes factorizing and expanding algebraic expressions, using a range of strategies to solve equations and using calculators to investigate the shape of data sets.
• Problem solving includes calculating the surface area and volume of a diverse range of prisms to solve practical problems, finding unknown lengths and angles using applications of trigonometry, using algebraic and graphical techniques to find solutions to simultaneous equations and inequalities and investigating independence of events.
• Reasoning includes formulating geometric proofs involving congruence and similarity, interpreting and evaluating media statements and interpreting and comparing data sets.
Performance is assessed against the Australian Curriculum standard and reported with A to E grades at the completion of each semester.
Assessment types include:
• Skills and applications tasks such as written tests, assignments and oral presentations.
Length: Full Year.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self