Year 10 Physical Education A
Subject Name: Physical Education A
Level: Year 10
Learning Area: Health and Physical Education.
Recommended Knowledge: C grade or better in Year 9 Physical Education.
Our mission is to develop students who will become lifelong learners with the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to live a safe and healthy lifestyle with a focus of participation in physical activity.
• Students will complete theory content which includes alcohol education, drinking and driving and contemporary issues in sport. Students will develop an attitude on how to live a healthy lifestyle and gain general skills and knowledge to make safe decisions. They will also develop social and group working skills.
• Students will successfully demonstrate skills and techniques in different sports. These sports will include the areas of team, individual and fitness and use a variety of equipment types covering many gross motor skills.
Students will participate positively, cooperatively and collaboratively in a game setting/ team work being a focus.
Negotiation can occur from the following categories:
- Racquet sports (tennis, table tennis and badminton)
- Football Codes (Aussie rules, soccer, touch, Gaelic and rugby league)
- Team Games (handball, basketball, baseball, hockey, volleyball, softball, softcrosse, netball and cricket) and
- Other (golf, archery, lawn bowls and minor games).
Performance is assessed against the Australian Curriculum standard and reported with A to E grades at the completion of the semester.
• Practical 50%
• Portfolio 50%
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self