Year 7 Agriculture
Subject Name: Agriculture
Level: Year 7
Learning Area: Science
The course studied in Agriculture at this level draws its understanding of the following areas in Agriculture.
It makes use of the various enterprises that are embraced as part of the Agriculture programs run on Kelsey Farm which forms part of Oakbank Area School.
These aspects include:
• Farming environment examining farm safety, animal ethics and animal handling.
• Plant production with an emphasis on plants in the gardens, transplanting and seed germination.
• Animal production examining concepts related to the management of sheep, poultry and goats.
Assessment is based upon the performance standards that are associated with Australian Curriculum.
These are reported as A to E grades at the completion of the semesters study.
Assessment tasks will include:
• Practical skill assessment in regards to fieldwork.
• Practical reports based upon laboratory studies.
• Topic tests assessing concepts and theories examined.
• Assignments utilising multimedia formats.
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face both in class and in the field.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self