Year 7 Science
Subject Name: Science
Level: Year 7
Learning Area: Science
Recommended Knowledge: Achieving the Year 6 standard.
This course develops an understanding of important science concepts focusing on explaining phenomena and their applications using evidence and explanation to move to more abstract models and theories of science.
• Biological Science: Classification & Basic Ecology
• Chemical Science: Mixtures
• Earth & Space Science: Predictable phenomena on Earth, renewable & non-renewable resources
• Physical Science: Newton’s Laws
Science as a Human Endeavour: refinement of scientific theory, collaboration of cultures, transferability of new knowledge to new applications.
Science Inquiry Skills: questioning and predicting, planning, fieldwork, measuring and controlling with precision and accuracy, processing and analysing data, drawing conclusions and evaluating for improvement.
Performance is assessed against the Australian Curriculum standard and reported with A to E grades at the completion of the semester.
Assessment types may include:
• Investigations – eg Practical Investigation and Issues Analysis.
• Skills & Applications Tasks- eg written tests, excursion report, an interview or oral presentation.
Length: Full Year.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
Additional Information: Learning in this course may be integrated with other curricula.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self