Year 8 Agriculture
Subject Name: Agriculture
Level: Year 8
Learning Area: Science
The course studied in Agriculture at this level draws its understanding of the following areas in Agriculture. It makes use of the various enterprises that are embraced as part of the Agriculture programs run on Kelsey Farm which forms part of Oakbank Area School.
These aspects include:
• Soil management examining the formation of soils and the impact that agriculture have upon them.
• Livestock management featuring the skills and concepts involved in rearing a flock of chickens from day old to point of lay pullets. The Year 8 cohort will be involved in the day to day management of the pullet flock of birds.
• Horticultural production with respect to vegetable production both commercially and the home garden. Aspects considered will be setting up a garden enterprise and the features needed to be a successful gardener.
Assessment is based upon the performance standard that is associated with Australian Curriculum.
These are reported as A to E grades at the completion of the semesters study.
Assessment tasks will include:
• Practical skill assessment in regards to fieldwork.
• Practical reports based upon laboratory studies.
• Topic tests assessing concepts and theories examined.
• Assignments utilising multimedia formats.
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face both in class and in the field.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self