Stage 1 Physics 2
Subject Name: Physics 2
Level: Stage 1
Learning Area: Science
Recommended Knowledge: C or better in Stage 1 Physics 1.
The study of Physics is constructed around using models, laws and theories to better understand matter, forces, energy and the interactions among them.
Physics seeks to explain natural phenomena and to make predictions about them.
Students will understand how new evidence can lead to the refinement of models and theories and to the development of different ideas, technologies and innovations.
There are three integrated strands:
• Science Inquiry Skills – Students will engage in practical activities to test ideas and develop new knowledge. They will make measurements and learn how to present and interpret results. They will investigate the social, ethical and environmental influences on science and its applications, possibilities, and limitations.
• Science as a Human Endeavour – Students will explore the use and influence of science in society by researching current or ongoing issues relating to physics.
• Science Understanding – Students will develop and apply knowledge and understanding of physics concepts in new and familiar contexts.
• Energy and Momentum
• Nuclear Models and Radioactivity
Both Physics A and B are required to study Physics at Stage 2.
• Investigations Folio 50%
• Skills and Applications Task 50%
Length: One Semester.
SACE Attainment: 10 Credits.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self