Year 10 Agriculture
Subject Name: Agriculture
Level: Year 10
Learning Area: Science
The course studied in Agriculture at this level draws its understanding of the following areas in Agriculture:
• Viticulture examining those aspects associated with the management of the schools vineyard from pruning to harvest.
• Horticultural production centred on the schools apple orchard.
• Livestock management featuring the skills and concepts involved in running the schools sheep flock.
It makes use of the various enterprises that are embraced as part of the Agriculture programs run on Kelsey Farm which forms part of Oakbank Area School.
Assessment is based upon the performance standard that is associated with Australian Curriculum.
These are reported as A to E grades at the completion of the semesters study.
Assessment tasks will include:
• Practical skill assessment in regards to fieldwork.
• Practical reports based upon laboratory studies.
• Topic tests assessing concepts and theories examined.
• Assignments utilising multimedia formats.
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face – both in class and in the field.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self