Year 8 Home Economics
Subject Name: Home Economics
Level: Year 8
Learning Area: Design and Technologies
Recommended Knowledge: Achieving the Year 7 standard.
Students develop skills and understandings related to working with food and textiles.
They are involved in weekly practical sessions where they work both individually and collaboratively to develop products.
• Understanding and implementing personal hygiene and kitchen safety
• Developing an understanding of the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating food model
• Understanding the factors that impact on personal food choices
• Preparing meals using cost effective ingredients and healthy cooking techniques
• Use and operate a sewing machine safely
• Following a pattern and procedural text to design and make a simple textile product
• Investigate the ethical production of materials and textiles
Performance is assessed against the Australian Curriculum standard and reported with A to E grades at the completion of the semester.
Assessment types may include:
• Practical tasks – e.g. weekly cooking of recipes and construction of a personalised pencil case
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
Additional Information: Learning in this course may be integrated with other curricula.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self