Year 8 Physical Education
Subject Name: Physical Education
Level: Year 8
Learning Area: Health and Physical Education.
Recommended Knowledge: C grade or better in Year 7 Physical Education.
Our mission is to develop students who will become lifelong learners with the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to live a safe and healthy lifestyle with a focus on participation in physical activity.
• Students will complete theory content which includes smoking cigarettes, nicotine and tobacco issues, sexual health and relationships and mental and physical health. Students will develop an attitude on how to live a healthy lifestyle and gain general skills and knowledge to make safe decisions. They will also develop social and group working skills.
• Students will successfully demonstrate skills and techniques in different sports. These sports will include the areas of team, individual and fitness and use a variety of equipment types covering many gross motor skills. Students will participate positively, cooperatively and collaboratively in a game setting/ team work being a focus.
Negotiation can occur from the following categories:
- Racquet Sports (tennis, table tennis and badminton),
- Football Codes (Aussie rules, soccer, touch, Gaelic and rugby league),
- Team Games (handball, basketball, baseball, hockey, volleyball, softball, softcrosse, netball and cricket)
- Other (golf, archery, lawn bowls and minor games).
Performance is assessed against the Australian Curriculum standard and reported with A to E grades at the completion of the semester.
• Practical 50%
• Portfolio 50%
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self