Year 9 Agriculture
Subject Name: Agriculture
Level: Year 9
Learning Area: Science
The course studied in Agriculture at this level draws its understanding of the following areas in Agriculture.
It makes use of the various enterprises that are embraced as part of the Agriculture programs run on Kelsey Farm which forms part of Oakbank Area School.
These aspects include:
• Pasture production with respect to the impact of pastures on livestock and the impact on soils.
• Livestock management featuring the skills and concepts involved in poultry husbandry for egg production. The students will manage the egg laying flock as a part of their studies.
• Livestock management in regards to sheep husbandry. Incorporated in livestock management will be the studies of goats and cattle as a part of the preparation of stock for the Royal Adelaide Show.
Assessment is based upon the performance standard that are associated with Australian Curriculum.
These are reported as A to E grades at the completion of the semesters study.
Assessment tasks will include:
• Practical skill assessment in regards to fieldwork.
• Practical reports based upon laboratory studies.
• Topic tests assessing concepts and theories examined.
• Assignments utilising multimedia formats.
Length: One Semester.
Delivery Mode: Onsite, face to face on site both in class and in the field.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self